It’s been an exciting start to our skincare journey here at Kem Beauty and the response has been overwhelming, it is amazing to know that so many of you believe in what we are trying to do here. I believe that good makeup starts from healthy skin. Healthy skin is affected by your environment, your genes, your intake and of course your skincare regime. The latter is what we can help with. Clear, glowing, dewy-looking skin, seems to be an elusive goal that major skincare companies and brands always promise but seldom deliver. Drying skincare products that irritate those with sensitive skin fill up drugstores and sadly products with mineral or synthetic oils flood the skincare industry.
Here are 5 reasons why you should incorporate The Etoile Cleansing Oil in your routine this year.
1) Oil Cleansers are like a serious thing. A seriously good thing. The basic concept of this skin care /cleansing method is that the oil used to massage your skin will dissolve the oil that has hardened with impurities and found itself stuck in your pores. Using steam will open your pores, allowing the hardened oil in your pores to be easily removed. A drop of the same oil formula patted over damp skin will provide the necessary lubrication to keep your skin from over-compensating in oil production: This is why we added Jojoba oil into our Cleansing oil - Not only is it desirable for acne-prone skin. Jojoba oil is structurally and chemically very similar to the human sebum (a natural oil produced by the body for skin). This is because sebum is also largely comprised of wax mono esters, the primary constituent of jojoba oil. In most cases, it can act as a substitute while giving similar or added benefits compared to sebum. Therefore, debunking the myth that using an oil cleanser will make your skin extra oily.
Acne.org explains the benefits of oil cleansing:
“Fact: Oil dissolves oil. One of the most basic principles of chemistry is that “like dissolves like.” The best way to dissolve a non-polar solvent like sebum/oil, is by using another non-polar solvent similar in composition: Other oils. By using the right oils, you can cleanse your pores of dirt and bacteria naturally, gently and effectively, while replacing the dirty oil with beneficial ones extracted from natural botanicals, vegetables and fruit that heal, protect and nourish your skin. When done properly and consistently, the OCM can clear the skin from issues like oily skin, dry skin, sensitive skin, blackheads, whiteheads and other problems caused by mild to moderate acne–while leaving your skin healthy, balanced and properly moisturized.”
2) There are no soap-like chemicals. Naturally, our skin produces oil. Even when your face feels and looks dry, there is still oil on it. Chemically speaking, like dissolves like, so water dissolves water etc. So, in a nutshell that the oil cleansing method does is dissolving and wiping away all the “dirty” oil from your face and replenishing it with clean, nourishing oil. There are no harsh or drying chemicals involved. Nothing to strip your skin of its oil as soaps and suds have the tendency to do.
3) There are literally 2 simple steps when using the oil cleansing method and all you need is a facial wash cloth (75p in primark), Our Cleansing oil, your hands and some warm-hot water:
- Cleanse. Starting with a dirty or made up face (no need to pre-clean), rinse your face lightly with warm water Put 2 pumps of KLB Cleansing oil in the palm of your hand and then apply gently all over your face. Massage firmly and gently in an upward motion. Do this for 1 to 2 minutes until you are sure that the oil has saturated your skin, and then leave the oil to sit on your face for 30 more seconds or more- this allows the oils to sink into your skin and further break down and dissolve impurities. You can even leave the oil on the skin for up to 10 minutes to really deep clean pores.
- Rinse. Using hot water, put your facial washcloth under the water until it’s completely soaked. . Open it and place over your face. This will create steam against the skin to remove the oils and any impurities in the skin. Apply the washcloth to your face and hold it there for 10-15 seconds. Slowly begin to wipe off. Rinse your washcloth and repeat until you’ve wiped all the oil off your skin.
Tada! This is how you achieve glowing, supple and soothed skin using our oil cleansing method.
4) You can incorporate it as part of your self-care routine to relax every night. I personally only Cleanse using oil at night because I want to give all the skin loving goodness a chance to soak into my skin and be great over the night time. KLB Cleansing oil is packed with relaxing and soothing oils such as Lavender, Evening Primrose oil and Jasmine Flower oil, which are proven to relax the mind and give a great night’s sleep.
5) It uses Tamanu Oil, Lavender oil, Marigold Flowers and Sweet Orange essential oils as cleansing and healing agents.
Additional notes on the Oil Cleansing Method
It is normal for it to take a week or so for skin to adjust, and you may even see slightly more oily skin or a few breakouts during this time as impurities leave the skin. If you can, resist the urge to use harsh soaps or facial cleansers during this time, as it will make the adjustment period take longer. Eventually, you will feel like you’re pampering your face in a whole new and incredible way.